It is rarely possible to achieve cost reductions unless you remove a significant portion of the work content from the department. Implementing a DMS is the first step in creating a paperless office and will rid you of paper inefficiencies.
1. Lower paper burden: lower costs, less hassle
- You spend less time searching for files — a cumbersome and time-consuming task — and more time on high-value work because you can now easily organize and find content.
- You no longer have to create multiple versions of the same document for distribution. Instead, store a master copy in a central location for easy access.
- Beyond the actual cost of paper — distributing, filing, and storing paper is expensive. Digitizing internal paper-based systems will reduce printing and other operational costs.
- Moving paper is slow, but with a DMS you streamline your internal and external processes.
2. Better compliance and security
According to a 2012 IDC survey, “...information workers waste a significant amount of time each week dealing with a variety of challenges related to working with documents.
This wasted time costs the organization $19,732 per information worker per year and amounts to a loss of 21.3% in the organization's total productivity.
For an organization with 1,000 people, addressing these time wasters would be tantamount to hiring 213 new employees.”
A DMS solves this problem by simplifying how you capture, store, process, and find documents, as well as by automating workflows. While such automation opportunities exist throughout your organization, certain business areas will benefit the most.
Request a demo & 30-day trial
For more information
Contact one of our solution specialists
Would you like to know how DocuWare can assist your organisation with effective tools?
Simply enter your details below if you are ready for a demonstration or call 1300 650 956 for a free consultation and establish the benefits of the solution for your organisation today.
- 30-day Free Trial
DocuWare's Free Process Planner - Detail's here
Pre-recorded Webinar Series - Business Continuity & Mobile Workforce - Details here
See our other recent blogs here